Modifications and Enforcements

Long Island Divorce Attorneys Provide Strong Counsel

With passion and close attention to detail, our Long Island divorce lawyers at Sunshine & Feinstein can help you modify or enforce a specific court order. Many aspects of a divorce can be modified when both parties consent to the change, but the change must be officially recognized by the court. When one party contests the other’s request for a modification in a divorce case, the dispute can be brought to the court. Typically, the court will require proof that a material and substantial change in circumstances took place in order to approve the modification.

When a specific court order needs to be modified, the court will take into consideration a variety of factors. If children are involved, the best interests of those children will be the primary consideration.

Some of the types of court orders that can be modified include:

  • Spousal Maintenance
  • Child support
  • Child custody
  • Visitation

Schedule an in-person case evaluation with a Long Island divorce lawyer at our firm for the experienced legal counsel you need. We have 55 years of combined experience helping our clients pursue effective resolutions to their cases.

Schedule a Consultation Now

gavel and law books
judge signing papers

Enforcement of Court Orders

If your ex-spouse is not complying with a court order after your divorce, our firm can help have it enforced by authorities so that your rights are protected and your needs are met. If ex-spouses are not in compliance because of financial difficulties, relocation, or other issues, our firm can help assess the available options for resolution. Regardless of the reason for the non-compliance, our divorce attorneys in Long Island are devoted to helping clients throughout Nassau County who are placed at a disadvantage because of a court order violation.

Failing to follow court orders carries serious legal implications for the violator. Individuals who are on the receiving side of a court order can suffer financial hardship or danger as the result of the other party’s non-compliance. If you need legal guidance to resolve your difficult situation involving a court order violation or need for modification, contact us today!

judge signing papers